J-Con 2011

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
J-Con 2011

The Official forum for J-Con 2011 in Derby.

Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console!

Poll

What's your choice?

[ 1 ]
    Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console! Bar_left20%Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console! Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console! Bar_left0%Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console! Bar_left80%Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console! Bar_right [80%] 

Total Votes: 5
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console! Empty Microsoft kickstarts the Next, Next Gen Console!

Post  anbuckcl Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Once again Microsoft kickstarts the race for the next, Next-Gen Console. I wonder what it will be called? Surprised
    Yes, Microsoft has announced that it is hiring, and by the lots or it a lot and with the requirements specified we can only assume the next xbox project will soon begin.

How long will it take?
    Well the Xbox is in the 6th maybe 7th year now, so it still has a good 4-3years of the 10year console cycle. But obviously we dont want to wait the last 3-4 years for them to start. Now judging on how it took them to make the Xbox 360, i can assume that this console will just as long: 2years. My guess 2-4years.

Sony say they have always planned to wait a year before they announce the beginning of the next Play Station Console but maybe they will change their mind, might we see a delay with all the issues Sony is having. If Sony plan on making another console similar to the PS3, polls show that it will loose a lot of customers and frankly Sony can't afford that.

Now Nintendo, well in my opinion Nintendo has no real reason to rush to get their console out because the majority of their users are family users as for Xbox players you have the .. "try hard gamers". So basically same market, different audience. However if Microsoft builds on their Kinect and maximises its' potential users, Nintendo will have some competition. Smile

What's your opinion?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:06 am