J-Con 2011

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
J-Con 2011

The Official forum for J-Con 2011 in Derby.

+4
anbuckcl
KawaiiCupcake
bolderboy
Anniexo
8 posters

The fuss over super long Anime?

Anniexo
    Anniexo

The fuss over super long Anime? Empty The fuss over super long Anime?

Post  Anniexo Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm not sure why so many people like super long anime like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Pokemon, I have tried to watch such anime, but after awhile giving up, I like an anime that can wrap it's story up in around 35 episodes at the most, any more and I do get bored, so you who like long anime, do so because it gives you something to go back to for such a long time?
    bolderboy

The fuss over super long Anime? Empty Re: The fuss over super long Anime?

Post  bolderboy Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 pm

it allows for an awesomer story line with alot of diffrent characters that gives more people characters to pick there fav and to cosplay as
    KawaiiCupcake
    KawaiiCupcake

Post  KawaiiCupcake Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:54 pm

They're just kind of like T.V soaps. Just keep going on forever. I kind of like that, though. I feel sad if I've finished an anime that I really liked, because there's no more left of it. I guess it's just what everyone prefers.
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Post  anbuckcl Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 pm

you're prob reacting like this cause you're not up to date with the story and cba to watch 200++ episodes to catch up Smile
    some us have been following it since it was released so... to us it's 1 episode a week
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Post  anbuckcl Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:57 pm

KawaiiCupcake wrote:They're just kind of like T.V soaps. Just keep going on forever. I kind of like that, though. I feel sad if I've finished an anime that I really liked, because there's no more left of it. I guess it's just what everyone prefers.

I know what you mean, some animes have a great story and would be great to have a sequal but some i love the anime and ending but i think it would be best if some stayed as 1 season Very Happy
    Anniexo
    Anniexo

Post  Anniexo Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:58 pm

anbuckcl wrote:you're prob reacting like this cause you're not up to date with the story and cba to watch 200++ episodes to catch up Smile
    some us have been following it since it was released so... to us it's 1 episode a week

I'm not, I started watching these animes when they were new to the US/UK, but couldn't keep watching
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Post  anbuckcl Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 pm

Anniexo wrote:
    anbuckcl wrote:you're prob reacting like this cause you're not up to date with the story and cba to watch 200++ episodes to catch up Smile

I'm not, I started watching these animes when they were new to the US/UK, but couldn't keep watching

Either way, i like them. I just love anime Very Happy You have your opinions and i have mine Smile
    Imo most animes made are good because they have to have been popular to a degree for it to become animated, I judge animes mainly by the "kind" of animation used for the anime Smile
    bolderboy

Post  bolderboy Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:46 pm

or people like me who love it that much theyll spend time catching up
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:55 pm

IMO the best animes are the ones that wrap up in 26 episodes, sometimes with a season 2.
    The only long anime I enjoyed was Pokémon, I don't like Bleach, One Piece, or Naruto, but not because of their length xD;
    MimiLikesCake
    MimiLikesCake

Post  MimiLikesCake Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:04 am

The length of an anime doesn't really bother me, though I tried watching Bleach and only got about 10 episodes in before I gave up "/ Just not my cup of tea I suppose. I did used to watch pokemon on TV but I lost interest in that and only play the games now. I'd love to get into a super long anime, because they always have amazing fandoms and personally, fandoms are my favourite part of anime! As much as I love watching the actual series, I like seeing fanart/fanfiction so even after I've finished the series (not much experience with never ending anime, so I'm switching to finite ones), I can still feel involved with it? Or something like that ^^; Plus I get to meet awesome people like that :3
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:38 am

I see what you mean about the fandoms Mimi, though there are a lot of fairly short anime, more often shojo I've found, that have gigantic fanbases xD
    I think it's nice if you have an reasonably decent length, then maybe a second season or maybe a movie afterwards.
    Though I don't really care much for this anime, K-ON! is an example because it's fairly short, has a second season, AND a movie, and a giant fanbase lol
    Drachryn
    Drachryn

Post  Drachryn Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:27 am

I stay away from super long anime. I tend to wait until I have a whole, complete anime to watch and then marathon it. I guess it's more about time and money for me. If I like an anime, I feel obliged to buy the DVDs. If a series airs for hundreds of episodes, I have to keep waiting for it to be subbed/dubbed/released on dvd before I can legally buy/watch it.

I don't understand what's so great about series that air for hundreds of episodes- surely there's only so much you can find out about a character, no matter how long a series lasts. After seeing the same main characters face the same kind of situation over and over again, I'd get bored.
    Malia.

Post  Malia. Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:01 pm

The length of an anime doesnt particularly bother me if i like it
    i caught up with the whole of the pokemon anime because i like it
    but short animes are nicer in a way because you can watch them all at once (if they are over already obviously)
    oliverg12345

Post  oliverg12345 Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:26 pm

i love bleach been watching it since it first aired in england and im always exited for when new episodes are released also fairy tail, naruto shippuden, i watch that are long story and they just keep me hooked episode to episode thats why i keep watching them everyweek Razz
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I think the longest anime I ever watched aside from Pokémon was this kiddies anime called Kodocha, or Kodomo no Omocha, that I watched a few years ago...it had about 107 eps, and was filled with fillers and plotline repeats xD Idk why I could put up with it lol.
    Plus I look back on it now and think I actually didn't like the animation style much. It's funny how fast tastes can change haha.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:41 am