J-Con 2011

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
J-Con 2011

The Official forum for J-Con 2011 in Derby.

+8
oliverg12345
LolitaLaura
bolderboy
Stripeycow
RJCookieIkasu
Mari
Anniexo
anbuckcl
12 posters

Anime lovers...... Anyone Gamer too?

anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Anime lovers...... Anyone Gamer too? Empty Anime lovers...... Anyone Gamer too?

Post  anbuckcl Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Hey guys Smile
    General Chat seems to be a fitting place for me to post this.
    Xbox 360 anyone Surprised?
    -> CoD? Halo?

PC maybe?
    -> mmo's?

Xbl: Likes2Sponge
    Anniexo
    Anniexo

Anime lovers...... Anyone Gamer too? Empty Re: Anime lovers...... Anyone Gamer too?

Post  Anniexo Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:22 pm

I think Helo and COD are overrated in games, since all they really are, are shoot the hell out of everything (from what I've seen) and that I think is too easy, a good game for me has a nice level of story, action and strategy(sp) something I don't really see in games where you just shoot everything you see, but like I said before, I haven't seen much of these games, so I could be wrong about them.
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Anime lovers...... Anyone Gamer too? Empty Re: Anime lovers...... Anyone Gamer too?

Post  anbuckcl Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Halo*
    IMO, Halo 1,2,3 were immense, Reach on the other hand ruined the series. CoD Black ops is a lot better than MW2, I would agree with the lack of difficulty in the game but that's because we play as a team who have been working together for some time so we have good communication whereas the people we usually come across Smile
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I think I agree Anniexo on this one, though I haven't played much of them either.
    I prefer games with more of a storyline etc. and CoD is essentially just a shoot on sight game from what I've seen lol, but then again l4d is pretty similar in that respect and I really love that game xD
    Though I don't actually have an xbox, so my opinion isn't really very well informed.
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Post  anbuckcl Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 pm

-.-
    Final Fantasy? (You'd better not say no) ;P
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:48 pm

I've never really gotten into Final Fantasy...but I've been meaning to give it another shot xD;
    What's it actually about?
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Post  anbuckcl Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm

different story each time Smile
    except for the odd occasion
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Oh right...so do the games follow on from each other at all? xD
    anbuckcl
    anbuckcl

Post  anbuckcl Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:23 am

some do Smile like the next one they're working on Razz
    Final Fantasy 13-2: the sequel to Final Fantasy 13 Smile
    RJCookieIkasu
    RJCookieIkasu

Post  RJCookieIkasu Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:53 am

I hope FFXIII-2 wont turn out anything like FFX-2. That game should never have been made. No
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:59 am

I'll try buying one of the games when I've got the money lol
    Stripeycow
    Stripeycow

Post  Stripeycow Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:51 am

I've grown away from the Final Fantasy series after 10.
    I really couldn't be bothered playing them.
    I liked 10. That was all.

I play a lot of Halo.
    Because, even if it is overrated, it's fun!
    COD on the other hand, I can't hack so many whining kids.
    It's bloody unbelievable.

I love the Rachet and Clank series.
    Been playing them since the first one.
    <3

RJCookieIkasu
    RJCookieIkasu

Post  RJCookieIkasu Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Ratchet and clank has to be a guilty pleasure of mine, good games.
    I can understand why people may not like Halo, or COD, or many FPS for that matter, but its nice every now and then to state your enemy dead in the eye with the scope of a .50 cal from the next town across.
    Stripeycow
    Stripeycow

Post  Stripeycow Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 am

Aaah finally someone who likes Rachet and Clank.
    <3
    bolderboy

Post  bolderboy Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 pm

i do
    Stripeycow
    Stripeycow

Post  Stripeycow Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:56 pm

<3333
    Yay.
    LolitaLaura
    LolitaLaura
    Admin

Post  LolitaLaura Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:06 pm

I've found a couple of anime-style RPGs I want to try out, like Eternal Sonata, Valkyrie Chronicles and something about an Alchemist of Arland? I can't remember the name lol. Eternal Sonata is about the composer Chopin's last moments of life and a dream-like world he creates. It has Chopin's music in as well, it sounds really good.
    oliverg12345

Post  oliverg12345 Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:39 pm

The whole final fantasy series love it all played all of them for like over a thousand hours or more on each of them, and i cant w8 for final fantasy 13-2 its gonna b awesome!

also i play 360 Gamertag - Anomalousbanana

play cod, halo, gears

play MMO's on pc well i play guild wars because i h8 WoW and cannot wait for guild wars 2 to come out Smile
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm a WoW player lol...don't kill me please.
    Anyone else play WoW here? xD;

I'm not really bothered if a game is anime-styled...in fact I think I prefer it if they aren't lol.
    I really like 8-bit games, they're a-mazing.
    I love LoZ a lot heheh.
    oliverg12345

Post  oliverg12345 Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:18 pm

ahh i h8 WoW lol the graphics are just too wierd also the whole pay like a tenner a month + like 30-40quid for expansion and to play the newest expansion then u gotta buy each expansion...

with guild wars u there are like 3 different 1s that link up prophecies/factions/nightfall and u can buy any of them and play only 1 u need 1 of the main games for is eye of the north
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I quite like the graphics myself, but the boobs on the girls are waaaay too big for my tastes xD; Owell. Specially the Worgen. Who wants a giant wolf with boobs. We aren't furries OTL
    It's £8 a month...not that that makes it much better haha. Tbh I wish it wasn't so much but oh well.
    Actually there are only 3 expansions and burning crusade only cost me £9 when I got it xDD Though I also think it's silly that you have to have all the expansions in order :L

And yeah my friend's brother plays Guild Wars haha
    oliverg12345

Post  oliverg12345 Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:35 pm

ive always been a guild wars player ever since it first came out and i love it

nah WoW graphics they seem too cartoony for my liking and a wolf with giant boobs? ew lol
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm a pretty big cartoon fan in general haha.
    And yeah.
    I was so excited for the Worgen but...but the boobs are just messed up xD;
    oliverg12345

Post  oliverg12345 Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:44 pm

well thats the good thing about guild wars theres no wolfs with big boobs lol
    Mari
    Mari

Post  Mari Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:46 pm

I'll consider giving it a go haha.
    My subscription on WoW for these last 6 months is actually almost done anyway so I could take a break.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:45 am